Thread: Upsolute Chip
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #12
PorscheDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930
Doc,

I know you guys do the GIAH flash but have you sone any research on the REVO stuff?

Also, there seems to be varying comments on the dealer's ability to detect a flash. Any comments?

I'm not considering a flash on the Box but I am for my CTT. It's hard not to when they all claim about 70HP. 520HP would be insane
The dealer can not detect what type of programming is in the ECU. For a simple piece of mind, with a lot of companies you can get a flashloader, with a stock program and a performance program. When you take the car in for service, simply plug the flashloader into your obdII port, hit the stock button, wait about 3 seconds, and pull it out. Now it is completely undetectable. The dealer can not see the performance file when in stock mode, nor the stock file when in performance mode. Most people skip this step, but a lot just like to be safe. For a couple hundred bucks more, i guess it is decent insurance, but it has never been an issue for any of our customers, and we do more 996TT GIAC flashes in the US than anyone.

With that being said, most dealers couldn't care less if a car has been flashed if it had been done properly. If your software is throwing constant CEL lights, then they start to question things.

Revo software is definetly better than upsolute, but I don't have a lot of faith in the technical background of their calibrators..oops i mean salesmen...oops i mean calibrators when designing the software. With that being said, their flashes do make some nice power. At what expense, time will tell.

We throughly test all of our products that we sell, and if the quality is low, or the performance isn't there, we don't sell it, it is simple as that. If we wouldn't put it on one of our own cars, we sure as hell won't sell it to anyone, lol.

Good luck in your search!