View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #95
Nine8Six

Arrgg one day too late :/ next round I hope

Hello derfo

I have a feeling it is a tad too late to pass on ideas but will give it a shot anyway. Perhaps one day you’ll handcraft more of those spoilers so I am all hoping for these ideas to be taken into consideration. I am one that believe Rick had a brilliant idea to start this thread. Spoilers are getting hard and harder to find these days so your help and amazing workmanship is much appreciated.

It would be pretentious to say that the attached spoiler is better than any others on the market however this is the design that would get me to swap the one I have in a flash. Some comments below:

^ The top arch (radius) would need to be exactly as the one from the rear bumper. Both in rear view and bird view. Unlike the one I currently have on my car atm which is a totally different radius when looking from any angle. It really annoys my eyes and I'm sure others can see it - unconsciously :/

^ In this picture I’ve omit the fillets on the side profiles of the spoiler so you can better see the actual side profile. The concave area would essentially be under the spoiler instead of above like most aftermarket spoiler currently on the market. The top is a simple organic flow-curve which I’m hoping will support aerodynamics (it should, according to my non-existent wind tunnel results).

Source file available: I am happy to supply this design in a solid model file format (*.IGS) so you can get someone locally to precisely CNC it out of a block of high density foam for mold forming. It would need to be scaled to the exact dimensions by your CNC contractor and yourself. This is something I haven’t done and sadly won’t have time to do. I am effectively fully over-booked for the next coming 24months (minimum) so i would be great if someone like yourself would take the challenge eventually. Perhaps after you’ve completed the one you are doing now

Thanks for your time and consideration

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-24-2016 at 03:37 PM. Reason: hmm.. with the correct pic attached this time :/
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote