View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #41
RandallNeighbour

[QUOTE=lkchris;481042]Bad idea---then your rear fog lights are indistinguishable from brake lights. There's a reason they come that way.QUOTE]

In a driving culture that understands a single red lamp in the back, I'd agree.

However, in the US if you have your fog light on people will tell you that you have a bulb burned out. They just don't know German cars have this feature. I was even pulled over by a cop in Houston and he didn't believe me. Pity I didn't have my manual in the car to prove it to him. After I asked him to look at my turn signals and brake lights he let me go and said, "get that fixed or don't use your fog lamps." Idiot.

The PO of my boxster wired up both lights for the fogs. I only seem to use them for one reason since I don't drive my boxster in foul weather, especially fog where I could get hit for not being seen.

The reason for the double-fog light use is excellent: When the village idiot on the freeway tailgates me and I'm already going 85 or even 95 mph (to prove to me that his Hyundai or truck is as fast as my Porsche) I turn them on and leave them on and he thinks I'm slamming on my brakes. He backs off and I never had to reduce my speed.

Works great. Give it a try.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 01-22-2016 at 09:38 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote