View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
geraintthomas

Idea for roof control hack...

So I know there's a few hacks on making the convertible operational when moving and without the handbrake (by soldering two parts of the relay chip together), but I've just been doing some random googling on electrics and came up with an idea.

Would this work...

If I took out the switch and took the two main operational wires going into the switch, could I buy something like this:

New 12V DC Delay Relay Delay Turn on / Delay Turn off Switch Module with Timer | eBay

...set that to about 13-14 seconds, and wire this into the circuit?

So instead of the two + and - wires going straight into the switch, they go through the timer relay, then into the switch. So essentially you'd press the switch, which activates the relay for the set amount of time (15 seconds to be safe), then it switches off.

This would mean that you could turn the hood operation button into a one-touch switch. The only thing that wouldn't work is to stop it half way for servicing, but you could just turn the ignition off when you need to do that.

Could someone who's very familiar with electronics assist me with this? To see if I'm right in thinking it would work, or if I've got the wrong idea completely?

Cheers!

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting

Last edited by geraintthomas; 01-21-2016 at 11:38 AM.
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote