View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #64
derfo

Cool 986 Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
I will add to the gushing love for this part :-)

Really came out nice. Probably time for you to start a "list" of those that want to get in line for one...

Tell us again about how you attached it? I see the 3 facing screws, but was there double sided tape on top of the stock spoiler as well?

Thanks for all your efforts!
Hello Dlirium;

Thanks for your positive comments. I will make a list at some point. The spoiler is attached with the original plastic rivets in the photos. Its important to retain an original fixing there so it doesn't look like an add on. In addition were the spoiler meets the top rail in the unseen area it could be bolted, fixed with compound or double taped as you mention. I did say in the early post that it would be bolted to the top rail.
The stock spoiler has lugs on one side of the rail, so it sort of hooks over and then the rivets are inserted. This would be very hard to replicate on a spoiler like this as there would have to be twist in it to get it on the rail. this spoiler will be too rigid to do that. I will put captive nuts in the spoiler for bolting, but in the end it would be up to each individual.
derfo is offline   Reply With Quote