View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 12:20 AM   #19
Retroman1969

Every day is an adventure, so it's hard to eke out one or even a few best memories.

I guess something that sticks in my mind like it was yesterday was the first time I drove my first Boxster home. I had been a Porsche fan since grade school (in the 70s), but that day was the first time I had even been in a Porsche. Having come from a Nissan pickup and '72 Pontiac Convertible (closest thing to a sporty car I'd ever owned was an '87 Lebaron Turbo back in college), this was a totally different driving experience. The low windshield and soft top close to my head, the twin bulging fenders swooping ahead, the incredibly smooth and precise feel of literally everything right down to the turn signal stalk. The growl of the engine when you pushed above 2800 RPM.
I was was both a little nervous and a little excited on that drive home.

Second thing that comes to mind is the day I bought the second Boxster as a "work car". I went with my old friend Jim to pick it up downtown in my car and we followed each other home. On the highway Jim pulled along side and we drove side by side for several miles and Jim shouted the opening to Hart To Hart: "This is my boss, Johnathan Hart....!"
That was a helluva fun day.

Last edited by Retroman1969; 01-21-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Retroman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote