View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 04:41 AM   #11
maurice54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshie View Post
Hi boxster Steve it is only the front of the seats not underneath, I have checked the front drains and they appear to rum clear but I did notice that there are no grommets fitted to the holes.( cannot find a part number either) bottoms of doors cards are dry do that should rule out the splash membrane on the door. Someone did mention about coming in through the cabin filter but this is dry as well.Really don't know where to check next
I've had my '99 986 since October - came complete with indoor swimming pool!
To date I've had to clear blocked front drains, repair the rear drain tray on the driver's side with RTV silicone, repair leaks in both door vapour barriers where the speaker wires come through and this week, with the carpet and driver's seat out, I found a drip at the lowest point of the cable for opening the rear truck, just beside the seatbelt bolt hole. Still some water getting in at the front driver side. Finally found it just now - the windscreen bottom seal so I'm drying it off now and will seal it with RTV silicone later.
That should be it all sorted.
I have a lot more detail about the various fixes if you need it - things like finding my front drains don't run to the wheel wells as per the drawings! Mine are fixed to the firewall and run out just behind the bottom tray.

Last edited by maurice54; 01-20-2016 at 04:55 AM.
maurice54 is offline   Reply With Quote