Thread: Paint Job
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #16
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I think what we have here is a some nice guys trying to be nice and/or poor eyesight because the side skirts are clearly a shade or two lighter than the car.

A decent painter can match new paint with 14 year old paint, so the argument that it's inevitable with aged paint is completely false.
got bad news for your decent painter, I heard that new cars out there are all sprayed using water based paint, manufacturers' decision for environmental reasons. Apparently makes it twice more difficult for conventional equipment to match both surface finishes and spraying effect (nozzle/pattern?) for metallics. Makes it near impossible my bodyshop guy was rumbling about last time I went.

Talking about the getting the bloom and reflection as perfectly sharp as the older paint. Metallics only of course.

Not much of an issue for Honda Civics but when you want your Italian or German car panels to be resprayed, that causes some problems lolll I've heard