View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 10:01 PM   #13
Steve Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
When I did the install for the Short Shifter I found about 15 $1 coins from 2000 jammed up under the original shifter. Seems like the ash tray would allow them to fall down there constantly.
Me too - I found $A34+cents under the centre console which went towards the 997 shifter....

Back in 2004, I imported a Japanese market MX-5 (Miata) into Australia. I got it through a Japanese auction house who rate the cars 1 thro 5 depending on the quality of the car. When I got it home, it had only travelled 30,000km (18,000 miles) and was near new. Under the ashtray was glued a lucky coin charm (to ward off evil spirits), various Yen coins & notes, an unused condom, a tube of lipstick and behind the seats were all the service records, business card and letters to the original owner from the Mazda dealership thanking him for his purchase (all in Japanese of course, which I had translated).
The biggest find - tucked in under the spare wheel - was a chemical flare for use in an emergency which really shouldn't be there as its an ascendary device.