View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 03:49 AM   #119
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
rfuerst, please let me tell you that it wasn't easy..

As I keep following Jake until he finally was by himself and ask him to take me to the CLEAN room to see his 'personal projects' once inside it reminded me of something out of 'Lockheed Martin's sterile satellite assembly room'...
Haha it's funny you bring up Lockheed Martin that's where I work but in the Aero division in Marietta. I was the first " outsider " allowed into the Jake Raby Monroe GA. facility and I was blown away. Jake doesn't do anything half assed and that facility is just amazing. Everything very well thought out it truly is setup for an " engine surgeon " . I have said many times we Georgians are very lucky to have him in our backyard. I doubt I would have gone forward with this build with anyone else.
But back to my car it is with great anticipation that I wait for that first test drive that I take with Jake. I know the car will be a little rough because it will not have a final tune when I pick it up. Jake and I have agreed to pick the car up in this condition so the car can learn as I put on some break in miles. At some point in time Jake and I will agree it's time to turn her back in. At that time dyno tuning and results will be recorded. I'll get the car back and drive some more miles and then she'll be turned in for the final time. That's when the Raby in house camshafts will be installed and final tuning/dyno results will be recorded. So this is going to play out over the next 2 - 4 months but it will be fun I can't wait for some top down driving on local mountain roads rowing up and down the gears and hearing " the beast " bark through that lovely exhaust !
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote