View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #101
husker boxster

Q: What's the most important shot in golf?
A: The next one.

I have a friend who obsesses over a missed putt or bad drive from 3 holes ago. He needs to be focused on the shot at hand. Good golf requires concentration.

Same is true in DEs - if you're thinking about the corner you just blew, you're bound to blow the next corner (and probably the one after that). Nothing you
can do about that last corner. You do have control over what happens in the next corner. Don't look back, that's not the direction you're going.

And a related situation - if someone faster than you catches you in a part of the track that you can't let him by, mentally note he's there but then forget him
and focus on what's ahead of you. When you get to a passing zone, pull over and let him by. If you obsess over the person behind you, chances are you're
going to mess up because your focus is misplaced and you don't gain the confidence of the guy behind you.

Go out to YouTube and watch lots of videos when going to a new track. It helps with your mental prep - knowing the track layout, lines thru corners, etc. I
like to find videos of Porsches so I have a feel for gears as well. Just remember not every video is from Hurley Haywood (some are not good).
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 01-16-2016 at 04:30 AM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote