View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by barthol View Post
Hi Forum

I have previous considered changing my IMS just due to the fact that the car has doe 150000km now
it is a 97 2,5 ltr boxster.
somewhere i read that before changing anything I should check the cam shaft deviation

today I connected a durametric v1.0 to the car and the live values from the car actually only contained Deviation for cam shaft 1 ( no 2 was simply not available???)
at Idle it showed steady -6.

is it correct that I only can see no1 and is -6 ok?
how much is it supposed to move and at what RPM?

BR
Barthol
Early ROW cars only reported one cam value as they used a different senor array.

In any case, your one cam is already at the limit value (assuming you drove the car around for at least 20 min. before checking as you will get errant values if you do not). If the value is real, you probably need to update the small tensioner paddles between the cams on your five chain motor.

I would also seriously plan on updating both your Durametric cable and software as the version you are on is woefully out of date (current version is 6.5.1.7).

Last edited by JFP in PA; 01-15-2016 at 11:38 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote