View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 06:37 AM   #9
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
Sure it looks great, who would spend that much money for pretend? Why not buy a new 911?
because the engine is in the wrong place and it's too big. Non-starter for me.
I'd sooner buy a second hand R8 V8. More performance, engine stays in the right place. Will the 911 even be rear engine car in racing 10 years from now?

However that does not mean the only thing you can do with that kind of money is get out the fiberglass. I suppose the rationale, however flawed, is keep it in the brand and keep the engine in the right place while obtaining a styling most will never experience.
I think this would be cooler if they fully converted the car to electric and made some obvious changes to it such that didn't make it an exact copy of the 918, that's the big mistake here. You know keep the usual Porsche parts sharing bin thing going in a less cheesy way.

As far as why it's expensive to do.... if it's a well done body transformation, well I think that question answers itself. We've all seen guys drop a bunch of money into some import car that looked like crap even from 10 feet. It's expensive to do these things by hand and those guys don't work for free. Point being if you're going to something that doesn't look like Fiero Ferrari, it's going to be very expensive no matter what.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-13-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote