View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
BIGG

Unhappy Tires, tires, tires

Ok, so I've been reading all the posts over and over again trying to decide on what tires to order for my '02 w/18". Finally decided to either stay with the SO3's that are pratically bald now (came with car when purchased 2 yrs ago), and I'm aware they are getting harder to find. Well actually, no one has them!

Now I'm looking for PS2's and second guessing. Go for a drive today and what do I end up doing? Went into my local Firestone and low and behold they're having a sale. Buy 3 get one free. The manager assured me that he had SO3's in his warehouse and wrote them up with one of the rear being the free one (bonus!). $857.00 out the door w/o warranty. Get a phone call 3 hours later stating that he spoke to several other people and now agrees with me when I told him they were discontinued earlier.

I'm totally familiar with the old bait and switch game but like the idea of getting one skin for free. He's pushing the SO2-A's as a substitute. Anyone run these? How about the RE-O1R's anyone try these???

I drive agressively every now and then, don't want to sacrifce dry/wet traction but don't want a lot of noise either. Appreciate any advise.
BIGG is offline   Reply With Quote