Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 12:34 PM   #13
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
@perfectlap

That's the biggest compliant I've seen, the movie mirroring the original. But that's actually something Lucas wanted.

He says the films are like poetry and mirror each other. 1 2 and 3 actually mirror 456 as well but there was such backlash to episode 1 that some of that was changed.

However, 789 are expected to continue this poetic flow.
Jake, you're too young to remember Return of the Jedi reception. The ewoks jumped out of the bushes and took out the storm troopers with little sticks and stones. Oh kay..... I remember thinking as a kid. That was when we all first got wind of Lucas' bad judgment.
That should of been our first warning of what was to come when we got all hyped up for the 1999 prequel. Within the first five minutes of that disaster I remember sitting there thinking we were all being punked. This is like the fake movie they run before the real movie right? I would say those episodes flowed alright.....like a bad night of enchiladas in Tijuana, Mexico. So nobody should be listening to a word that Lucas is saying, he is a special effects guy... and definitely not a script guy. This is a movie that no amount of casting will save if the script blows this bad. And you can't have a good script if you are so GOD AWFUL LAZY. 30 years to write a compelling story and they come up with this steaming pile of poop.
But this is what happens in Hollywood when a movie with 9 digits gets made. Do they hire the most talented writers and authors?
They don't let those guys within a mile of the set. They'll actually tell the big name producer and director that the story they have now sucks.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-12-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote