View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #29
landrovered

Garage
Prelude Guy,

Track days:
1. Legal
2. Sanctioned events (PCA, SCCA, 24 hrs Lemons, Chumpcar etc.)
3. Educational with path to professional licensure
4. Held at facilities designed for high speed driving
5. Marshalls control events
6. Fire & Safety Crew on hand
7. Emergency Medical Personnel on hand
8. Communication system in place
9. Limited access to track for pedestrians & animals
10. Many schools exist to help drivers perfect their skills

I am not even going to bother to contrast street racing to this list as it is obvious and a waste of time. As to your inference that we all break the law the reality is I drive my bright ass yellow 3.6 Porsche in a more responsible fashion than my daily driver because everyone in my neighborhood knows who's car it is, it sticks out like a sore thumb and I am a cyclist and I know what it is like to have idiots drive by you at a high rate of speed and I don't wish to be "that guy."

Every place you go you are in someone's neighborhood, there is no place where people want you to drive by their house at high speed. Some people have a thing called self control because we have lived through events that have taught us to curb our testosterone and act in a manner that is not injurious to ourselves or people around us.

If you have so much mental struggle that you cannot control yourself and your vehicle in a safe and legal manner then I suggest you sell our car immediately before you hurt yourself and or someone else.

Last edited by landrovered; 01-11-2016 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling
landrovered is offline   Reply With Quote