View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #14
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I'm not sure I would buy a Porsche if my goal was to spend an immoral amount of money on a single car. I've never considered it to be a dream car brand as most of the cars they have sold can be purchased by just about anyone with good credit and a 9-to-5 job. However, if I had a dollar for every older guy that came up to me and said I had the dream car they always wanted! I would consider Ferrari to be a dream car brand in that even if you won the powerball, Ferrari will not sell you a new Ferrari!!! perhaps if you bought every used car on their lots first...Mama mia!! I think I would buy one of their track-oriented mid engine cars and settle for the fact that it would be a paddles only deal. Or I would buy a Boxster SPyder and pay Porsche a large sum of money to engineer a top that didn't require getting out of the car to raise and lower the top. You have to dream big!! LOL.
I'm still not sure how you actually do buy a Ferrari. I've known a couple guys who ran very successful businesses and made lots of money - neither one was able to buy a new Ferrari, the dealership said they didn't 'qualify'. Both ended up buying 911's!