View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
911monty

Garage
[QUOTE=jakeru;470614]I had some Koni FSDs installed on mom's 2001 VW Golf. The car was amazingly smooth over speed bumps, yet handled petty well. Not as good as high-end performance oriented shocks, but a good compromise for a street car where comfort and compliance over bumps is worth trading off for a bit less than the max performance.

For my 2001 box that I just upgraded to M030 springs, I opted for Koni sports rather than Koni FSD. Just because it's a Porsche, and I want it to feel more sporty. Don't mind feeling a little of the bumps. Still is not bad with the Konis sports. The FSDs also are not adjustable like the sports are (only the fronts are truly externally adjustable on the Boxster Koni sports - to adjust the rears requires they be removed).

Jakeru Thanks for the reply. My apologies for not responding. I somehow missed the reply in my own post!! I'm with you on the adjustable shocks. I've had several Adjustable Koni's and since they were a PITA to adjust they usually remained on the original setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzl6b1 View Post
They are ok.
I prefer bilsteins with stock springs.
O o
Are you saying the FSDs are ok or the Sport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc-boxster View Post
I installed the Koni sports on my car about 5,000 miles ago and I really like them. Mine are set to the softest setting and are perfect for the street. Nice stuff ride but not so stiff speed bumps and rough patches are a big issue.
Koni's have always been great shocks and for a lot of years were THE shock to own. Koni is pretty limited in their explanation of the technology behind the FSD shock but in my opinion is a mechanical version of PASM. Yes I know PASM uses a computer to control many more aspects of wheel and body control, but both use fluid control. I have attached an article which offers a little more info on IAS technology, and yes it is used in racing!

Inertia Active Suspension Technology
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote