View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #9
Sideways Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
The S is off centre so there's no need for a new badge - just pick it off and use polish to remove the remnants

The 2.5's still a quick car, but unless it's 1.5 seconds quicker to 60mph and 60bhp more than stock then I'm not sure about it running with an S without an issue! Still a great car though don't get me wrong. I just wasn't sure if that was you justifying keeping the 'S'

Very jealous of that centre console and red belts though. What's your plans?
No I won't be keeping th S, I hate when a car is badged as something it's not! But the boxster writing is in a different position if it has the S.

The B should be positioned 285mm from the left edge if it's a boxster 2.5 or 2.7 but if it's a boxster S the B is positioned 245mm from the left so that the complete badge is centrally on the boot lid.

If I just take the S off the boxster writing will sit too far left as the previous owner who fitted it changed the whole badge and fitted it correctly.

See extract below from the service manual

As for power, I'm unsure exactly what's been done to it but I know for sure it's been mapped and it's much much quicker than my 2.7 was.

All I can say is that I was slightly behind the 996 and we both floored it in 3Rd from around 40mph and I reeled him in. I was surprised to say the least as I genuinely thought I'd have struggled to hang with him never mind actually close in on him!

I know the engine has been out of my car at some point so for all I know it may have had internal work, actually thinking about it I don't even know if it's actually a 2.5 lol it could easily have been swapped out as it's clearly had money thrown at it in the past. That would certainly explain a few things!

Last edited by Sideways Steve; 01-05-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Sideways Steve is offline   Reply With Quote