View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
KevinH1990

It is installed and working. It turns out that the red wire with the black stripe (Pin A1 on the 3-wire black connector) is the power for the button illumination on the memory control. That explains why the system worked when I used both 5V and 12V power to that wire. I will need to connect it to Bridge Plug BS7. I originally connected it 12V power under the seat, but that was constantly on.

I will be coming back to this project in a few months. During my part acquisition process, I obtained these metal-plated control levers:
I think they may be from a 996.

I'm considering having them re-plated as I think that will look better than the silver-painted handles I'm currently using. So at a minimum I will be doing a cosmetic update and addressing the illumination issue. If I can find more information about the mirror function, I'll address that at the same time.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote