View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
KevinH1990

I will be back at work on Monday, so I'm planning to finish what I can pending more research on the mirror function.

As luck would have it, I have parts from two different harnesses. Both have the connectors for the control unit in the door sill and the big white connector that attaches under the seat. As you can see, the one on the left in this picture is more complete, but it appears to be missing some connectors and terminals required for the mirrors and other interfaces. I'm planning to save that until I determine whether I can install the mirror function.

The one on the right was cut out in two parts. I pieced it back together and made the second more limited harness.

I've tested it on the bench (using 12 volt power as suggested by a Boxa.net member) and it works fine. I'm planning to install it tomorrow. I won't have 100 percent of the memory function, but it will be months before I have more time to dedicate to this project, so I may as well enjoy some of the fruits of my labor.

Thanks for the help and if you have any other insights, please share them.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote