View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #16
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
What is your opinion on upgrading to the IMS Solution. Is the extra money worth it?
Depends upon where you head is at. I have the Solution in both my personal M96 cars, and have several customers running them as well. Yes, it cost more, but it is the only permanent retrofit, so if you plan on keeping your cars for a bit (one of mine is an 01 986 with less than 12K miles on it now that I bought new and intend to hold onto for a while). And when I did that car, I also gave it a brand new clutch, throw out and pilot bearings, the PTFE RMS, and the latest AOS, even though none of these original parts were problematic. All of the customer Solution installs were handled the same way, as it makes no economic sense to have to go back in there again in a year or two, and you can resell at least the low mileage clutch to someone on a tight budget.

Are there other things that can fail? Sure, but now I know one that is never going to fail, ever. And from my customer's experiences, cars carrying the Solution command a premium at resale time.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 01-02-2016 at 09:58 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote