View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #7
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
...You also need to have a PPI done by ANOTHER Porsche dealer before you buy.

Or that is at least what we advise...

Good luck
Hi,

Yep, I agree. It may seem redundant to PPI a CPO'd Car, but you're spending a lot of $$.

Also, the Service Mgr. at one of our 2 Dealerships told me that there's great variation between Dealers on the work done in the CPO Inspection. If the general appearance and mileage look good, the Car does not get as thoroughly inspected as another might, it is assumed to be in good shape.

The Dealers manage the CPO Program as a Profit Center. Not only does it increase the Purchase Price, but by reducing the costs associated with it, the Dealer Profit increases as well. He said that this was relayed to him by the Area PCNA Rep who was cautioning against cutting corners.

A CPO may cover many repairs if the Car experiences issues after you buy it, but may not cover them all. Then there's still the inconvenience of bringing it in and the loss of enthusiasm you may experience from buying a Troubled Car. Still money well spent...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

PS I was at the other Dealer today and mentioned this practice to their Service Manager. He told me that if they get a Car in trade which they originally sold and maintained, they just review the Service Records and slap the CPO on it, because they already know the Car. In other words, the next guy pays an additional $5k for no inspection + coverage. He went on to say that the order came from Upstairs...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 06-02-2006 at 12:51 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote