View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
mach schnell

before i bought my 987 from hoehn in carlsbad, i was looking at various 986's and because Walter's was right down the street and walked their lot and chatted a few times with their sales staff. Walter's didn't offer CPO on any of their Porsches - no matter age or miles. when i inquired, this is the bullsh$% story i got from the salesperson - it's too expensive for us to do that on every car, which if we do it on one we have to do it on every car on the lot. so to have the best prices we don't do it, but you can pay the extra to have it done when you buy the car.

seriously, unless you've shopped yourself crazy - a porsche that is 2002 or newer should be cpo if at a porsche dealership - actually, the way you should look at it, any porsche that you would want to buy from a dealer that is 02 or newer should be cpo - it makes your investment more prudent. now on the other hand, if you're looking at a 95 993, well, no matter where you buy it, it wont be cpo, but you can still have it ppi.

furthermore, even though i have a 987, i would recommend to all my friends looking for used boxsters in the 986 model to look at 03 and above (glass window!) - actually, i'd sway back and forth heavily between a 04 986S and an 05 987 non S - just the ravings though of the crazy voice in my head
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote