View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
KevinH1990

I made some progress today. I'm using an old computer power supply to test some ideas. The supply provides 12 volt, 5 volt and 3 volt power. The seat mechanism is hooked up to 12 volt and the memory function to 5 volt. I attached the red/black wire from the 3-wire plug to the 5 volt source and the brown wire to ground. As you can see in this Youtube video: https://youtu.be/LFAfb2JiGi4 the system is able to store and recall settings. (I unplugged the power source, and when I plugged it in again, the system was able to recall the settings.)

Rather than run a wire to the relay carrier to obtain 5 volt power, I'm considering the purchase of a device like this Amazon.com: KEEDOX® DC/DC Converter 12V Step Down to 5V 3A Power Supply Module: Electronics

This will convert the 12 volt power already at the seat to 5 volt power.

I still need to decide whether adding the mirror control is feasible, so any thoughts on that part of the job are welcome.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote