View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
tnoice

I think the current count of failures is up to 40 or so. Someone can correct me if I am low or high. As long as you have the IMS replaced and the RMS, you routinely replace the oil and miscellaneous other fluids, and keep up on components that suggest they may be failing (water pump), drive it like you stole it and don't look back. Not that I am condoning or suggesting reckless driving. Some components are suggested that you replace them in specified intervals, but you can research those and determine your course of action (water pump, thermostat, ect..).

Otherwise, if these fears of catastrophic events are going to be something that keeps you up at night ....sell it. I don't mean to be harsh, but that is the realization I had to go through with my 2004 Boxster S, and I sleep just fine now. Most German vehicles have some sort of issue that will cause a catastrophic failure to the vehicle, the boxster is no different.

Someone smarter than me will need to answer the tensioner question. I have yet to replace mine, but that does not mean anything.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote