View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #12
Timbert

I think I've solved most of this. Durametric shows codes now are P1117, or Porsche 14 on the Durametric 5.2.2, which calls it "tank empty" but based on the what I've seen elsewhere the description is not accurate and it's the rear sensor heater. That makes sense because the resistance on those I checked directly and it's quite high. The other codes are P1115 and P1119, or Porsche's 13 and 5, which are "Resistance limit O2S ahead of cat exceeds limit value" and that reflects what I measured directly at the sensors.

I conclude that one of the front sensors is good on all fronts, and that the two other sensors I have been putting in and out of the front of bank 2 -- it appears one has a good heater but bad O2 sensing and the other bad heater and good sensing.

When I get the new one from Rockauto and confirm everything's solid I'm going to test the "new" Bosch one I bought on Ebay one more time and then return it to the seller. Might also heat it up with propane and see what the output is, rather than putting a known-bad part back in the car.
Timbert is offline   Reply With Quote