Thread: Nubie
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
mellowyellow2000

Would love to shred the credit card, but it makes internet purchases much easier.

This is my third performance car, well fourth if I can count the Volvo GT Turbo. I sold a supercharged Mazda Miata just before I purchased the Porsche. I also own a '98 Camao Z28 with several K invested in suspension and chassis upgrades. Now before everyone pokes fun at the Camaro, it has 300 (dyno proven) RWH and has held it's own against several rice rockets and euro performance cars and my investment in it is less than 25k.

I just got a note back from BBS on the wheels. BBS Germany made them a few years ago for european tuner. They are based on the RSII style wheel. They are 2 piece with a stainless steel lip. I do not know how much they weigh. Tires are Pirelli PZero Asimmetrico, fronts 225/40 and rears 265/35.

Spending 2k on an aero kit and another 2k for Litronics lights is a long way off right now.

As for the other mods, I have done them on my other cars with good results.

I stopped using a radar detector years ago. The instant on and laser guns made relying on the detector just to iffy. However, Valentine is the best. A CB radio tuned to scan the trucker bands would be a good addition to the Valentine
mellowyellow2000 is offline   Reply With Quote