View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
PorscheFan5

Removal of bottom part of dash to gain access to the throttle position sensor assy.

Team,

I am trying to get to the throttle sensor and hence have to remove the pedal, and sensor assy. I have found good information on how to remove the pedal from the bulkhead. However in order to get to the throttle sensor I need more space to work and access.

Could anyone who has done this help? I need to understand how to remove the lower part of the dash. Is it one piece or in two pieces across the width of the vehicle? As someone suggested I could pull apart the AC duct but in the confined space it is not easy to detach the AC duct in an effort to gain space. I have the service manuals. If someone can send me the chapter and section where I can find the info it cam also help. I have looked through and could not find it.

Appreciate any and all help on this.

Before people ask - why do you need to remove throttle sensor - I will inform you guys that I am converting my 2004 Boxster to EV. I have to convert my throttle to cable throttle and need to connect a 'potbox' to the cable coming out of the left side of the pedal. To do so I have to remove the pedal and throttle sensor and adapt the potbox to the pedal assembly.
PorscheFan5 is offline   Reply With Quote