View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 09:30 AM   #13
stelan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Could the prior owner have possibly drained (any number of quarts) some other fluid, thinking he/she was draining the oil? And then just added the 8 quarts of oil into the right place, causing the overfill??

If that's possible, some other system in your car is low on fluid. Trans many? Coolant?
My theory is:

The dipstick tube was cracked and it had a piece of hose and clamps and it was really loose at the point where it connects to the trunk area making it hard to get a good reading and I think he just kept on adding oil that way, I carefully poured oil the oil that I pulled from the engine back into the empty mobil 1 quart containers and I got a little less that 15 full so it was indeed crazy, at the beggining I thought that perhaps at some pint the negine could have been running rich and washing fluid into the cylinders into the crankcase but the dirty oil did not show fuel or water in it.

I also think that the previous owner knowing that the car was leaking a lot he just kept on adding oil without any measuring.
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote