View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #12
cas951

I just had this problem and I'm still trying to sort this out myself with a little drama to go with it. A few weeks ago eng temp light flashing at the corner. I pulled over as soon as I could and checked under the car to see if there was any leaks. I didn't check the coolant level because it was hot. I restarted the car and the light was not flashing. I drove the car home and waited till it cooled down and I had to add about 1/2 quart of coolant. I checked the coolant level again the next day and I had to add about 2 cups. I took the car for a drive of about 25 minutes, the flashing light never came on, no leaks under the car just from bending down to look. I placed the car on jack stands and removed some of the under trays I couldn't find any leaks under the engine.

I left the car on jack stand and ordered a mighty vac cooling systems pressure tester. Turns out none of their adapters fit a Porsche. I call the dealer to see what a new cap would cost. $47.00 plus tax. I checked Pelican parts and it was only $27.00. So I order from Pelican and also ordered brake fluid, two oil filters along with the coolant cap for a total cost of $58 plus tax. 3 days later the package arrive and some ass wipe steals the package right from my front door. Luckily Pelican comes through and ships a new shipment at no charge. Thumbs up for Pelican. Now that I have the coolant cap I haven't had a chance to go for a drive. It's been raining too much lately here in the Bay Area. Once I confirm the new cap is a good cap I'll convert the old cap into a cooling system pressure adapter. I have the old type of pressure tester.

Well. This was my drama. Forgive me for hijacking.
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote