View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
stelan

15 quarts of oil in my engine

I purchased this 99 recently and it was leaking oil on top of the headers and making it smoke, I found that the power steering high pressure line was leaking (it was actually a crappy repaired job from the previous owner with hose barbed fittings and clamps) so got the new hose made crimped and that problem is gone)
now that the largest leak is fixed I have been checking and there are still leaks on the sides, these are engine oil versus the previous pentosin leak. I have been tracing it and the normal supects as you all know are spark plug tubes and cam cover but today as I'm getting ready to find that leak and not knowing when was the last oil change I drained the oil and found 15 quarts (well no, actually 15 liters of oil) 15 liters is about 15.8 quarts!

I also found out that all plastic tubes going to the AOS are covered with oil and the sock over the oil fill tube is full of oil as well.

Is is possible that all my leaks are actually from that massive overfilled and that oil was splashing around in higher places than supposed to?

any input welcomed

Thanks
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote