View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 05:46 AM   #30
TrumpyAl

Pulled a plug and it seems to me that it certainly has both fuel and spark. Too much fuel it seems - but when I pulled the fuel pump fuse and gave it a few good cranks it settled down into a normal speed crank as the fuel supply dwindled, but it didn't fire at any stage. I'd expect it to at least run for a moment or two as it transitioned from too much fuel to too little.

It's such a disadvantage to be trying to sort all this out with no knowledge of the cars history. Anyway, that's what I signed up for so no point whining about it

To ease my frustration I did a spot of detailing in the frunk, replaced a blown headlight bulb and repaired the wiring to a front indicator. I also replaced the rear and side indicators as they had faded to white on the rear, and the side indicators had clear bulbs in them so they were flashing white - which is no good in Aus!

Getting the car moving under it's own power was a key part of getting this thing sorted out in a reasonable time frame. So I'm tired and annoyed at the moment, I will come back to this another day.
TrumpyAl is offline   Reply With Quote