View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #29
TrumpyAl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcslocum View Post
Check for fuel in the rail. Or give it a huff of starting ether in the intake and see if you get fire...
Thanks again for the suggestions, all welcome!

I've had a heap of pressure in the rail when I 've checked previously, and this morning there was a bit of a development when I had another go at starting it. It was cranking very fast and after I stopped cranking, it actually ran for a fraction of a second - it sounded very much like it was flooded and I saw black smoke. Progress!!!

A too-rich scenario does make sense as it tends to give an optomistic kick when first cranked, then it settles into a fast crank.

I was on my way to the office and was suited up so couldn't delve deeper. I really need to take a day off to take my time and work through this. Having a baby in the house and a baby in the garage is not a good life choice, but I'll get there.

And I dearly miss having access to an oscillascope And being able to speak to the previous owner would be damned handy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Here is what the 'Aluminum Look' roll hoops, console and A/C surround will look like if you do it. Notice the ignition surround as well. Good luck with your project.

It looks like yours is Seal Grey too? Great to see the pics thanks - and well done on the tweaks - these cars really are a lot of fun! Yours reminds me of the concept's interior.

(pic credit to Boxster Buyers Guide - Boxster Owners Guide)

I'm definitely going to go silver on the console as that looks brilliant on yours and it ties in with the rest of the S interior. The roll hoops I'm still undecided and probably always will be!
TrumpyAl is offline   Reply With Quote