View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 PM   #9
tony2fingers

sd987,
funny that you mentioned i should debadge it, since the original "boxster" emblem in the back actually fell apart and i ordered a new chrome one to replace it. Personally, i prefer original porsche parts or at the very least, something that looked like it could be available from the dealer, hence the knock off's oem wheels, and knockoff speedster humps, that was also one of my deciding factors for the 911 turbo look bumper, (instead of some of the more flamboyant kits avaiable) yes i know its kind of a stretch that you can get a boxster trubo from the dealer, but still, its almost is close enough for my taste. I guess to eveyone their owne, but i do understand where you would like a bit of "wut the heck was that that just drove by" looks from passer by's. thanks for the compiments.

jeph,
its all for "sho" (show) man.(hence he post it in the "show and tell" forum) if you couldnt tell by the plates, this car is just basicaly to impress the ladies and the occational track day. no engine mods, no performance chip, just the turbo look, no actual turbo's underneeth. some people think that you can drive a porsche then you have an unlimited budget to spend on upgrades, but as for me, i have a hard enough time keeping up on the maintainance and oil changes. You say "all that money and still halogens" but tell you the truth, i probably spent less than 23k on this car to date. 17.5 for the car stock @ 65k miles and 5500 in upgrades so another 1300 for lintronics was a bit frivilous for me, but i agree, they are nice. I'll try to take some videos next time, but when i was there, it was my first time on any track and it was hard enough for me to keep my undies unsoiled, much less have any time to take videos. hahah

my: 1999 boxster 5sp
precisionporsche turbo kit
precisionporsche sideskirts
precisionporsche speedster humps
schenell short shift
986 cupholders
hr 1.5" f/r springs
oem knock off's 19's
235/35f 275/30r
rear spoiler
body color bumper/headlights/bar inserts
kicker 10" L7 sub/fosgate mono 300w amp