View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #73
martsink

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Well ditching the airbags and speakers in the doors has become closer to reality. Vlad's RS door panels has me inspired to try and build my own. I'll go into more detail later if I mount them. I practiced on a junk door and this was just an afternoon of me goofing around. They're a long way from being done. The door handle is from a 944 and it's actually the wrong side for the door. It's the left handle on a right door. The handle is just for mock-up and I will be using the correct handle when time comes. The correct handle would have the space to pull on top. I'll be painting the handle body color along with some other interior parts. I plan on wrapping the door panel in leather, but I can't decide if I should add something. I'm thinking about adding some padding to the area about that line. Still not sure what I want yet
I see you've made some progress on this. What did you do about the top part that protrudes? Did you cut it out and weld in a flat seet?

I just found a better pic of the door card on my phone. Like I mentioned, the top trim still needs some work.

martsink is offline   Reply With Quote