View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #14
Manny986

Garage
Yeah. I tried myself to make one using a waterproof box I bought on Amazon. It could be done with good results. A very sensitive area to work on are the two holes I had to make to allow the cables to enter into the box. I wasn't really sure if they will not allow some water to come in. Three things made me decide to buy their very well done box:
- They found a way to easily access the 15A fuse of the Immobilizer. You don't need to open the box and beak it waterproof condition to replace it in case it blown out. They have designed a special rubberized waterproof extension that comes out of the box with the fuse cradle at the very end and covered.
- The way the cables are entering the box is, indisputable, way, way much better than mine and will 100% stop the water from coming into the box
- The box will fit under the seat in the box cradle exactly as the original one so it wont be loose and moving around.
Specially for Porsche owners that never have had the disgrace of getting a water damaged Immobilizer this is a bless and will save not only money but time, stress and frustration. This damage is one of those things that, when happen, you really regret not having done something to prevent it.
Manny986 is offline   Reply With Quote