View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #19
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Yep, this crazy stuff is going to get worse before it gets better. I have owned rifles and shotguns all my life and it's time to stock up and spend some quality time on the range.

I agree with most of the other posters. If you really want to own a gun for home defense in CA, get a 12 GA shotgun and train with it regularly. Maybe take up skeet as a hobby to get you out to the range monthly. A gun is like a dog and needs regular exercise, care, and feeding. A gun in the house that you are not completely familiar with is more dangerous to you than the bad guys.

In addition, I recommend layers of security so that going for the 12 GA is never your first move when taken by surprise in your sleep, but your last resort when fully awake and aware. A gated property, dog for early warning, motion sensor outdoor lighting, big azz lock hardware, and a can of bear spray, all offer you a non-lethal opportunity for the bad guy to re-think entering your house and taking two in the chest. It also buys you a lot of time to get fully awake and aware, know his location, call the cops and take a strong defensive position if this perp really does want in. If you do have to make a mess in your house, you did everything right to try and stop him first

Good luck!