View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #14
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
well, i'd wager the environmental impact of my decision to remove my cats against your decision to have children and we'll see who is a bigger contributor to climate change. not to mention that a lot of the steel for the SIX cars in your signature probably came from asia and contributed to the pollution issues there. I think it is difficult for any north american, let alone those on a porsche forum, to have any kind of high horse in a climate change discussion, so question the need to belabour an exhaust thread with it?
RK, at least you acknowledge there is climate change LOL.

The point I was making before it got derailed with a spelling mistake was removing the cats does increase air pollution. Yes, most track cars have open exhausts, but I would venture to guess they also run very efficiently and have low emissions . I could be totally wrong on that

Additionally, it is definitely against the law here in CA and probably also federal law

All to make the car louder or gain a few HP?

Sure, a relative handful of cars won't have that big or even measureable impact on the environment as a whole, but it does add up

And yes, I would like my kids and their kids and their kid' kids... to be able to breathe the air
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 12-07-2015 at 11:21 AM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote