View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:23 AM   #48
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgal48 View Post

Well, well. Aren't you something. All of this over the knowledge that somebody else has. Man crush? This vitriol over changing oil in a car that's at least 11 years old. I have had the opportunity to spend time with a Porsche. One of the good doctor's grandsons. In his words, the people who are fanatical about his family's cars are mystifying. And comical. It's just a car. They don't get it. Me neither. Does this qualify as new light? See - it is fun. And you're funny.
We would probably be less mystified by his family's cars if they didn't have a knack for coming apart at the drop of a hat due to a mysterious bearing. They require a great deal of maintenance to keep that from happening.

I'm not a qualified Porsche mechanic. At the same time I can't afford to send my car to one every time it needs something, so I do a lot of work myself. This forum is a wealth of information to me not only because of amateur mechanics who have been there done that, but also because of the high level professionals who freely offer advice on jobs they get paid a lot of money to do. If one day they decide to stop posting on this forum it would be a loss and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would feel that way.

Man crush? No it's something called respect. I was taught to hold it for those who have put the time into something to be the best at their craft. I hold even more of it for those who despite having no reason to do so decide to give back to others who are trying to understand the things they do. That's all.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote