View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #14
pomocanthus

Old post but hope many of you are still into modding your Boxster. I have one of these Zeintops but my lawn guy managed to bust rear glass while weed whacking (I should have parked inside). In any case do you guys know if Cayman glass will work or where to get a replacement? I'd be interested in yours if you have removed. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
i'm one too. you may have seen my other post regarding custom engine covers for cars w/ roof deletes. on a similar note i've got another idea, and looking for input ...

i am thinking about removing the rear glass on my zeintop and replacing it with louvers. this will lose a lot of weight (along with a complete roof delete). if i can find a fabricator to add a vertical rear plexi window like this, then I can open up the engine by removing the carpet and cover. again, reduced weight, along with better engine ventilation and tone (and maintenance access). further, it leaves lots of room for fun things like intercoolers. rear quarter windows would most likely have to be deleted (they would interfere with the vertical rear window) most likely replaced with vents feeding additional air into the engine compartment (and intercoolers?).

any thoughts? am i crazy?
pomocanthus is offline   Reply With Quote