View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #25
dezigns

OK, so I took it to the dealer today, as I had my 20k service last week, which is when the oil was changed, and the alarm sounded, haha. First of all, wonderful service from Adrian and Jeff at Valley Motors Porsche in Cockeysville, MD. Top notch guys all the way around, very honest and hospitable people. Best dealer experience I've ever had - after owning Toyotas, Nissans, etc. They're simply great- I showed up, told them my problem, and they put the car in the bay immediately.

But I digress...they took the car in on the diagnostics, and determined it was slightly (like half a cup) over the "full" mark - which highlighted the top bar. No need to siphon they said, wont do any damage, and I also assumed I'd probably burn that excess oil within a month or so anyways.

So, long and short - if you're overfilled, it doesnt hurt to check how much, but obviously the digital gauge is quite sensitive and pretty darn accurate, and most likely, you're not in a huge overfill situation. They did say though, the max they fill any car EVER, is 10 quarts (996 maybe?)
dezigns is offline   Reply With Quote