View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
eliot92

Airbag warning light

My car (2000 2.7 986 Boxster) sprung an airbag warning light about a week ago. Took it to the dealer, resetting it didn't work and the code is pointing to the passenger side (UK RHD car) airbag in the door. The dealer didn't charge me up to this point and as I'd explained to them that I'd done a speaker install a few months back and even though it's been a while they recommended I check over that install to make sure nothing was damaged in the process first before they diagnose it and I would end up with an unnecessary labour bill.

I checked it today, the airbag looks fine, the wire and connectors all look fine to the eye (I actually reused the Porsche speaker wire for my install so didn't think I would of damaged anything as I didn't go near it). I did however notice that near the top of the door, the vapour seal has come away and the casing for some of the wires was slightly damp, however these wires are insulated so whilst that's not great, I wouldn't of thought that would be the cause. Is there any way for me to check the health of the airbag itself? It's just if I can work out if its the airbag or the wiring then I can source a replacement airbag off ebay for a tenner rather than the hundreds Porsche would charge and then I just need to worry about getting the light reset.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
eliot92 is offline   Reply With Quote