View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #24
DarkStar

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony13ca View Post
No, I'm not running the USB ROM. I have the setup, in the video below. I use a program called Power Event Manager, that puts the tablet in airplane mode, and deep sleep, when I turn the car off, and wakes it up, when I start her up. Works great, and all the software is free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGD-BlnGo3c
Oh, try Sony Smart Connect, it's a tad better. Also mated with a very small app called Sleep and, Stay On. I liked event manager because it allows multiple apps to be launched but it didn't work out well enough. That's what I'm using on my Tab S since there is no USB Rom Kernel for the Tab S, I've emailed Timur offering cash for the source code so I can have one of my developer buddies port it over. NOTHING beats it. I understand the Bs paying for it, I don't wanna pay for it, but it's well worth the 16us dollars. I ran it on my 1st Gen Nexus 7 in my Jeep, it's phenomenal on what it can do. It totally turns the tablet into an OEM car radio. Reverse camera, special mods to make it look like it came with the car from the factory.

Were going to purchase it for the 2013 and 2012 since I'm going to do a Fifield install on a G35 after this, guy is going to buy me the Fifield Dash Kit for my Tab S for doing his install. If your interested PM me and I'll email you the newest copy for yours if you Wanna play with it.

I've done soo many tablets lol, GT7", Kindle Fire 7 I was the leader of the OTG charging development, Kindle Fire HDX is awesome and fits the Porsche without any mods or kit, and is super powerful. Dell Venue 8 Pro was fun but not perfect for in the car without a front end.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk