View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #1
PaulE

H7 Lowbeam bulb choices

Well after 12 years and almost 55,000 miles one of my lowbeam bulbs went in my 2003 S with standard, not Litronic, headlights. I guess things just aren't made to last any longer, ha ha! My headlights are in great shape and I don't want anything that will damage them, just looking for the best, reasonably priced, standardish H7 12V 55W replacement bulbs that are out there.

I see OSRAM offers something called the H7 12v 55w 64210NBU Night Breaker Plus headlight bulb. Compared to their standard H7 12v 64210 bulbs OSRAM says they are brighter and shine farther, but still only 55W. The downside is that they cost a little more than the standard OSRAM and they last only 150 hours vs 330 hours for the standard OSRAM bulb. I would be ok with all of that as long as I knew these 64210NBU's won't damage my headlights. Has anyone had any experience with these bulbs?

Of course, a set of Nine8Six's custom projectors built for my by ParticleWave would be the ideal answer, but that's not in the budget for now.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote