View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 12:37 AM   #13
mesutter

In California, you can have the EVAP readiness monitor not reset (that's the ONLY one) and if everything is otherwise OK, pass the smog. I just had that situation on mine, and got my certificate from my long-time smog tech. Many techs do not want to do it, as it can effect their rating with the state Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) if they do too many. Mine still hasn't reset 200 miles since my test. As to the CAT, if it isn't throwing a code or pending code, hook up a scanner and read your four O2 sensor voltages in real time as you drive. The DME uses the data from the sensors to determine if the CAT is up to snuff. Aging sensors with slow reaction times could be the culprit. If you can capture scans of the outputs after the car is fully warmed up, post them here and on other forums such as Renntech to get analysis from those in the know. See my earlier post about my travails with getting my Secondary Air System monitor to reset. It was a sensor issue, and my start up O2 scans showed me the culprit.
mesutter is offline   Reply With Quote