View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 11:44 PM   #10
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
It's a Toyota...it's just gettin' broken in!

Welcome to the club. Nice lookin' Boxster (and Celica)!
Thanks I drove another Celica with 40,000 on the clock and it sounded and felt identical, down to the last tick. Such good reliability on those cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Welcome. Nice looking cars. Your celica is my favorite car to come from the island nation alongside the s2k!
Funnily enough it wasn't my favourite. I bought the 140bhp Celica as it was good value and I didn't mind its looks, then bought this 190bhp version after the engine went in the previous one. They're not fantastic cars as standard - suspension is too high, brakes are awful, wheels look sunken in, interior is bland, etc. The celica I've got now has about £5,000 worth of modifications on it to bring it up to date (suspension, brakes, interior, etc) and only now do I think it looks and feels like a very good car. Luckily, I don't even have to touch the Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecal View Post
Welcome, Very nice looking. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, they are fun to drive. Your Celica looks brand new!
Thanks, I do try to keep my cars looking the best they can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualist View Post
Mint looking car mate, will run rings around the celica
It'll be very interesting indeed. The Celica revs to 8,250rpm but has no torque, so you really have to rev the nuts off it to get it going. Totally different experience in the Porsche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grc0456 View Post
Nice S and nice Celica, too! I'm dating myself here, but my first car was a '76 Celica ST and second an '80 GT. Props for keeping that thing looking good! I'm the same way with my daily driver '06 Civic EX coupe. All sticks, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fantastic Would love an older Celica on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace River View Post
Welcome, you'll love it! You got one picture reversed, this is the way it should look
Hah, definitely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Looked at several black Boxsters when I was shopping. Every one showed every scratch. That, my friend, is one immaculate ride. Looks fantastic.
I've owned a black car before so I completely agree. I'm quite good with keeping paint in good condition now and have learnt a lot since my last black car, so hopefully this one wouldn't be too much trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Welcome!!! Great looking cars!
Cheers, appreciate it

Just can't wait to pick it up Saturday.

I'm in Cardiff, South Wales. This car is in Yorkshire, so about 4 hours of driving there and the same back. I'm leaving at 6am in the morning and my Dad's offered to drive me there. Going to be one hell of a drive back I can assure you!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote