View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #10
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Feelgood View Post
Umm, not to be a dick or anything but did you read the part me not taking a bumper from a 997..... and about these kits being available on Ebay and other sites....specifically for a 986.... and then the part about me posting links of the actual parts?
No offense taken. The links were of pics. The first one was a 996 with a 997 GT3 front end. The 2nd pic was just a 986 with a GT3 bumper but nothing else 997 / 987. So I backed up the first link and found the kit you're asking about. Sounds like it's entirely fiberglass - fenders, hood, and bumper. That bumper would be hard to keep pristine since it's fiberglass and very low. No experience with any of it, but it generally seems any TV show building cars that buys aftermkt parts ends up modifying them to fit. Modifying fiberglass parts will require extra skill.

I have to wonder why they show a 996 TT cab when they're trying to sell you a 986 conversion? And no reviews? Is that because no one has purchased the kit or there are no positive reviews to report?

Good that you asked. The collective response of silence probably speaks volumes. Still think you'd be miles ahead getting an 05-06 987 and finding a decent bolt-on GT3 bumper.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote