View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
Rondog

The oil update

i called and talked to the service manager expressing my concern at the "full bars".... He told me that he was confident that the tech did not overfill AND that he encourages his techs to fill to the top bar--- i aint making that up....

He also told me that i could bring it by and they would double check it..."from the back". I dont know what that means and while i should have asked...... i didn't.

I have not had the time to drop by...so i continue to drive with "full bars" -- i have not noticed any performance difference, but still have that lingering concern.

This also brings up another point that has been discussed --- DEALER SERVICE---

While i am not one to necessarily rag on the dealer for having higher (sometimes MUCH higher prices) on parts and service-- The one thing i DO expect is superior customer service and HONESTY. ---(naive..am i!)
I must sadly say that my few encounters with my local dealer has not lived up to my expectations....While they are courteous... i am often put on hold for long periods..... When i leave messages, they never seem to call back promptly when they even call back at all--- When i had my car serviced, i asked for a pricing on a couple of other services----- (ding removal and windstop installation) and had to call them back 2 times before they remembered to quote it....(they finally quoted the windstop on my service receipt.... i called and had it requoted a few weeks later when i decided to do it and the new quote was $100 cheaper) My last car was a MB e320 and the dealer, a HUGE dealer, made me feel like a million bucks. --- My Porsche dealer makes me feel as if i am a bother to them.--- Maybe i am being a little harsh here and maybe i have not had enough experience with them, but i just expected more.

I run a client oriented business and i am very sensitive about giving my clients MORE than they expect. These guys need a refresher course in customer relations.

RD

RONDOG

2005 987S
BLK/BLK
PASM
SPTS CHRONO +
PCM w NAV
19" CARRERA S

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...P4724Large.jpg
Rondog is offline   Reply With Quote