View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 05:04 AM   #11
JRide

I used to be in the camp of: "Boxsters are the cheap/slow Porsche." This was many years ago in my teenage years. Its amazing at how many people show this car no respect. In my circle of friends I'm the biggest car enthusiast. When I got my car I caught a lot of crap for buying the cheap Porsche. I just laugh and take them for a ride in my 12 year old sports car. Every person, so far, has been impressed and has changed their opinion on the Boxster. The best one was just last weekend when my aunt and 16 year old cousin came to visit for the weekend. My cousin is just getting into cars and he loves talking to me about cars. Neither of them knew I had bought a Porsche so when I told my cousin he thought I was just joking around. I told him to go look in the garage. He obviously wanted to go for a ride. I took him on a nice ride through some nice twisty roads. Halfway through the ride he goes, "I had no idea Boxsters were this sick!! I always thought they were slow and crappy." It just made me laugh and was glad I could change his mind. People love to judge things with zero first hand experience. We've all done it at some point in our lives. Hell, my wife just bought a new GTI and while test driving a bunch of cars she told me she didn't want to drive a couple simply because of what she heard...
JRide is offline   Reply With Quote